Using automatic driver updates will definitely save you from having to search for drivers manually and keep your system up-to-date with the latest drivers.
Driverfix allows you to update drivers automatically and prevent damage to the PC caused by installing incorrect driver versions.
4. Start SFC scan
- Right-click in the Start menu and open the command line (Admin).
- Type the following line and press Enter: sfc/scannow
- Wait for the process to complete (this may take some time).
- When a solution is found, it is automatically applied.
- Now close the command line and restart the computer.
If the troubleshooter could not solve the problem, run an SFC scan. This is a command line program that analyzes your system for possible problems and corrects them if possible.
So this can also be useful in case of ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC errors.
5. Start DISM
- Right-click on Start and open the command line (Admin).
- Type the following command and press the Enter key :
- DISM / Online / Cleaning up the image / Restoring health
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- Restart your computer and try the update again.
- With Windowsinstallation support
- Insert the Windows installation media.
- Right-click in the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- On the command line, type the following commands and press Enter after each command :
- Erase/clean/scan image
- Disassembly/cleaning/restoration of the image
- Now type the following command and press the Enter key :
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1 /LimitAccess
- Be sure to change the valueXto the letter of the attached drive when you install Windows 10.
- Restart the computer when the process is complete.
Deployment Image Servicing and Management is a command-line utility that reloads a system image. Rebooting the system image can solve several problems, including BSOD errors.
We have proposed both the standard procedure and the procedure with the installation brackets described above.
6. remove problematic conductors
- Press the Windows + X key to open the Advanced User menu. Select the Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager opens, locate the problem driver and right-click on it. Select Delete from the menu.
- If necessary, select Remove drivers for this device and click OK.
- After removing the driver, restart your computer.
In some cases, some drivers are just not compatible with Windows 10 and the only solution is to remove them completely.
Users have reported that Qualcomm Atheros or All-in-One card reader drivers can cause the ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC error, so be sure to remove these drivers.
After problematic drivers are removed, Windows 10 automatically installs the default driver and you can continue to use it if your device works properly, or you can try to find a newer version of the driver.
7. Delete problematic requests
If a particular application is not fully compatible with Windows 10, it may cause a blue death screen error such as ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC.
Depending on the users, tools like WiseCleaner can cause this kind of error, so you may need to uninstall them to solve this problem.
Moreover, many users have reported that BitRaider is a common cause of this BSoD error, and that it needs to be disabled completely to fix it.
Some users have also reported that Acronis software can sometimes cause such errors, but you can easily fix this problem by upgrading to the latest version of Acronis software.
Another common cause of these errors can be your antivirus software, and according to users, the only solution is to remove all third-party antivirus software.
Note that uninstalling antivirus programs may not solve this problem, as many antivirus programs tend to leave some files behind after removal.
To completely uninstall an antivirus program, we recommend using a special uninstaller, such as IObit Uninstaller.
⇒ Get IObit Uninstaller.
8. Disconnect the DVD player
Several users reported that they were able to resolve the ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC error by turning off their DVD player.
Deactivating the DVD may not be the most elegant solution, but according to users it is a reliable workaround.
To be on the safe side, you can also try replacing your DVD player if your current player is defective.
9. Slow down your SSD drive
Few users have reported that the ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC error can be caused by their SSD. According to users, Windows 10 seems to have some issues with fast SSDs and the only solution is to make them slower.
Users have reported problems with Samsung’s SSDs. Using Samsung Magician software, they were able to slow down the reader slightly and correct the BSoD error.
The ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC blue screen of death error can be problematic, and since this error is usually caused by a faulty driver or a minor hardware issue, it can be easily fixed with one of our solutions.
We hope these recommendations from our list have been helpful. For more suggestions, see the Comments section below.
FAQ: More information about DIGITAL DATA FOUND COMMUNICATION
- What is the EXPECTED CPD error?
The ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC error is a BSoD error that can be caused by a wide variety of possible hardware and software problems. However, the most common causes have to do with the DVD or SSD drive.
- How can I correct the error ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC?
First, try updating Windows 10 and all your drivers, then run the hardware diagnostics utility. If nothing works, follow our step-by-step guide to fix this error.
DPC is the abbreviation for Deferred Procedure Call, a Windows mechanism that allows high priority tasks to defer necessary low priority tasks to later execution. The most common problem with CPDs is the violation of the CPD watchdog.
Editor’s note: This article was originally published in June 2016 and revised and updated to be current, accurate and complete in February 2021.
frequently asked questions
How do I correct a Windows 10 error code?
How to find shutdown codes and fix errors in Windows 10 – MakeUseOf
What is the attempt to switch from PCD?
This means that a check-out, attachment or wait operation was performed from the DPC routine. This error is usually caused by a faulty driver, faulty hardware or problems with other software. (Defective RAM and antivirus software were also associated with the inability to switch from PC to PC).
What is the CDP watchdog doing to destroy Windows 10?
What is a DPC Watchdog violation error? DPC Watchdog violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common problem in Windows operating systems. This happened for specific reasons, such as unsupported SSD firmware, an older version of the SSD driver, hardware compatibility issues, or corrupted system files.
attempted switch from dpc reddit,kmode exception not handled,dpc watchdog violation,windows stop code,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,attempted switch from dpc error windows 10,attempted switch from dpc windows 10 reddit,stop code attempted_switch_from_dpc