To see the latest Windows 10 updates, go to Settings. In the last 20H2 update you consider it an update and a security. On the left side you will see it as Windows Update. When you click on this tab, the Check for Updates option appears on the right.
In addition, you will see the following options.
- 7 days break for update
- Changing working hours
- View update history
- Additional options.
You can find all the details about these settings in this Windows 10 update post.
If you see an error, something has gone wrong. If you try to access the settings again later, the problem is in one of the update services. To see the options in Windows Update, make sure the Orchestrator update service is running.
By default, it starts automatically when you start Windows 10. If you have disabled the service for any reason, you will not be able to see the options on the right.
To resolve a Windows 10 update that does not appear in the settings
The best solution is to use the registry editor. You must have administrator rights to open this administration tool.
- In the Win + R dialog box, type regedit and press Enter.
- Go to this path – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesUsoSvc
- Check the value of the Start item on the right.
- The default setting is 2. This means that Windows Update will start automatically.
- If its value is 4 for any reason, it means you are seeing the error described above.
- Then change the value to 2 and restart the computer.
This fixes the Windows 10 update that is not visible in the settings.
Method 2 – Use the Windows Update Unlock Tool.
- Download the following tool – https://greatis.com/blog/stopupdates10.
- This tool is used to stop Windows updates. It runs on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 32-bit or 64-bit. Windows Home is supported!
- But you can also restore blocked Windows Update with this tool.
- Install and run the program. Alternatively, you can use a portable device.
- Click on the Restore Windows Update button. Wait for the confirmation message – Windows Update is not blocked. A red Updates Guard icon indicates that Updates Guard is not running in the background either.
- If you have already used this utility to block updates for Windows 10, you will see this error.
- You can then restore the updates using the above option.
Method No. 3 – Upgrading services to be carried out
Many services are required to make Windows 10 updates work. Here are a few. To control them from the command line, you can use the command line with administrator privileges.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msyserver
net stop cryptserv
run %systemroot%softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak
run %systemroot%system32catroot2 catroot2.bak
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msyserver
net start cryptsvk
You can disable the Windows Update service if you encounter a problem when renaming the software’s distribution folder. Make sure it doesn’t start automatically after shutting down.
Method 4 – The following services and scheduled tasks are required
There are many services like Update 2004 and 20H2 that require Windows Update to run. Some are.
- Windows Update Medic Service – Provides recovery and protection of Windows Update components.
- Windows Update – Lets you find, download, and install updates for Windows and other programs. If this service is disabled, users of this computer cannot use Windows Update or its automatic update feature, and programs cannot use the Windows Update Agent (WUA) API.
- Update Orchestrator Service – manage Windows updates. When this function is stopped, the devices cannot download and install the latest updates.
Some other tasks are planned. For example, for example..,
If they are disabled or turned off, Windows 10 updates may not work in earlier versions of 1909, etc. So make sure they work with the Task Scheduler as well.
windows update missing from control panel server 2016, windows update not loading in settings, windows update not working windows 10, windows update troubleshooter, windows update assistant, windows update disappeared, windows 10 update, windows 10 you’re not up to date but no updates