On most modern Windows 10 laptops or tablets, screen brightness is usually adjusted and automatically adjusted to changes in ambient light. For example, if you are in a dark room, the brightness is automatically reduced. However, if you want to manually increase or decrease the brightness of the screen on your Windows 10 laptop, tablet or desktop PC, there are several ways to do this.
To change the brightness of a Windows 10 laptop
There are several ways to change the screen brightness of your Windows 10 laptop or tablet without using third-party software.
Use the brightness slider in the Action Center of Windows 10.
The easiest and fastest way to adjust the brightness of your Windows 10 device is to use the brightness slider in the Windows 10 Action Center.
- On the Windows 10 desktop, click the Action Center icon (the text balloon icon) on the far right of the taskbar.
- Use the brightness slider in the action center to adjust the brightness to your preference.
Changing the brightness with the setting application
You can also adjust the brightness of the screen from the Windows 10 settings application. Here’s how.
- Go to the Start menu or Cortana. Search and open the settings (or click on the gear icon in the Start menu).
- Go to System > Display.
- From here you can use the brightness level slider to change the brightness of the screen.
Use the FN (function) key on the notebook keyboard.
If your laptop supports this feature, which I believe most modern laptops do, you can change the brightness of your laptop’s screen by simply pressing FN + Brightness up or down.
The brightness of the up and down keys varies from laptop to laptop. The brightness buttons on my Dell Inspiron are located at z. For example on F11 and F12, while others can stand up and down on the arrow keys. Search for buttons that display brightness-related icons. They usually appear as bright sun and weak sun, meaning more and less light respectively.
The above methods only work on the monitor screen built into the unit. If an external monitor is connected to the notebook as a secondary monitor, the brightness settings of Windows 10 do not affect the secondary monitor.
Can’t find the brightness slider in Windows 10?
If you can’t find the brightness slider on your Windows 10 laptop or notebook, it’s probably due to outdated or missing display adapter drivers on your computer. Follow these steps to update the driver for your monitor adapters to solve the brightness control problem.
- Search the Windows 10 Start menu or the search bar and open the Device Manager.
- You can expand the display adapters in the Device Manager window.
- Right-click on the Display Adapter and select Update Driver.
- On the next screen, select Auto Scan to check if the drivers are up-to-date. This allows Windows to automatically search for the latest driver for your adapter and install it on your PC.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and check that the brightness slider is now visible.
To adjust the brightness on a Windows 10 desktop PC with an external monitor
Can’t see the brightness slider in the Action Center, the setup application, or elsewhere on your Windows 10 desktop computer? This is perfectly normal, because with Windows 10, for example, you can only adjust the brightness of the computer’s built-in screens. For example, on a laptop or tablet.
For a computer equipped with an external monitor, projector, or TV, use the brightness adjustment buttons on the device itself.
Changing the brightness of a Windows 10 Desktop PC from the NVIDIAControl Panel
However, there is an alternative solution to this problem if you have an NVIDIA graphics card installed in your PC. You can change the brightness of your desktop PC via the NVIDIA Control Panel, whether you have an external or built-in screen.
Here you can see how to change the brightness on a Windows 10 desktop PC using the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- From the Windows 10 search bar, locate and open the NVIDIA control panel.
- In the Control Panel window, navigate to View > Set Desktop Color.
- Under Color Selection, use the Brightness slider to adjust the brightness of the screen.
In addition to the brightness, you can also change the contrast and range of the screen using the same setting page of the NVIDIA control panel.
Description to share : Can’t adjust or change the brightness in Windows 10? Here’s why and how to solve the problem. This guide shows you how to increase or decrease the brightness in Windows 10.
shortcut key for brightness in desktop,can't adjust brightness windows 10,adjust plan brightness missing windows 10,how to adjust brightness on windows 10 desktop,how to adjust brightness in windows 10 using keyboard,lower screen brightness even more windows 10,how to adjust brightness in windows 7 pc,how to adjust brightness on pc using keyboard without fn key,how to adjust brightness in windows 7 desktop using keyboard,how to adjust brightness on hp laptop using keyboard